PCAT™ – Certified Associate in Testing with Python
Description:certification is a Python Institute's Testing specialization track credential that covers the most important elements of automated testing activities from the perspective of a Python programmer. The exam covers the principles of software testing, the fundamentals of unit testing, the principles of software engineering, software decomposition, and the Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development (TDD, BDD) approaches to programming. PCAT certification gives its holders confidence in their software testing and programming skills, helps them stand out in the job market, and gives them a head start on preparing for and advancing to the professional level.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
- Aspiring programmers, software testing beginners, and learners interested in learning the basics of Python testing for job-related tasks
- Learners looking to gain fundamental skills and knowledge for an entry-level job role as a software developer, software tester, QA engineer, and test engineer
- Software testing and test engineering industry professionals who know other programming language(s) and tools, wishing to explore technologies connected with Python, or to utilize it as a foundation for software testing purposes
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Python Installation and fundamentals of Programming
- Import and use modules and packages
- Perform evaluations using the math module
- Fundamentals of software testing;
- explain the differences between various types of software testing;
- Analyze, run, and implement the outputs of unit tests;
- Organize unit tests into test modules;
- Design, develop, and refactor multi-module computer programs written in Python with high quality builtins;
- Test-Driven Development programming approach;
- Design, write, and implement code according to recognized principles (DRY, KISS, F.I.R.S.T);